Friday, March 23, 2007

The Wraith

I haven't done a movie blog in a while. I know, I know, you are all very upset. I could tell by the big piles of e-mails you all have sent me begging for another blog. Of course, I say this in a very sarcastic manner that doesn't quite come across well in writing. I know you don't really care. It's alright, you don't have to pretend. Don't call me. Just don't. I won't pick up. Stop it.

I saw The Wraith last night. I've never seen it. Apparently I'm the only. Charlie Sheen is a guy who comes back from the dead (but has a different face) to get revenge on Packard Walsh (who should probably be killed anyway, due to his unfortunate name). Packard pulls a switchblade on just about every character in the movie, except the guy who is trying to kill him.
Supporting cast: Sherilyn Fenn, Randy Quaid, and the king of weird, Clint Howard, doing his best Eraserhead impression.
This movie is so 80's, I could feel my hair crimping as I watched.
This small desert town (which could also be downtown LA) is caught in the grasp of Packard's gang. A vicious bunch that race you, take your car, then possibly kill you. They also drink radiator fluid and huff WD-40. Seriously. The Sheriff (Quaid) apparently doesn't mind until a mystery man shows up and starts to kill the gang members, by totally racing and beating them, and then they die.
The movie really makes no sense whatsoever. How have I not seen it until now?
Should I blame my parents? I think so.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home