Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Leonard, Part Movies-n-Stuff

So, I didn't watch a lot this weekend. I was down in Orlando doin' stuff and eatin' things. It was my pops birthday and we partied hard. I was offered some hash at a Lebanese restaurant. The owner came up to me, raised one eyebrow and said, "So you smoke hashish?".... I got lost in that eyebrow.

Also, I enjoy the word taquito.

Emperor of the North Pole: Lee Marvin as "A#1", Ernest Borgnine as "Shack", and Keith Carradine as "Cigarette". What a cast! And what about those character names! Perfect. How could this movie be bad? Well, just about half way through I realized this movie was "Speed" on a train. Shack is a train conductor with a hardcore no bo's (hobos) policy on his train. A#1 and Cigarette play bo's determined to ride Shacks train. That's it. You've watched the movie. The rest is one big chase scene. Everybody's good in it. It's a fun movie, but there is not much to it. Keith Carradine has big teeth.

The first disc of the first season of Weeds: I have a problem with this show. I want to like it, but there aren't any likable characters. Mary Louise Parker is the cutest person on planet earth, but her character sells pot so that she doesn't have to change her family's lifestyle. So, she would rather risk losing her kids than downgrading into a smaller house or get a real job.
It seems like this show could fall into the Six Feet Under curse. Where its decent for a season and then every character has so many screwed up problems that you can't keep track of who's doin' it with who, or who's killed who, or whos eatin' who's pot brownies and you end up not caring anymore. I'm gonna finish this 1st season, but I don't know if I'll watch the second.

Movies Rewatched:

Bull Durham: Kevin Costner at his pre-gilled best.

Weve also been watching some Seinfeld on DVD. They were on sale for super cheap at Target the other day, so we grabbed a couple of seasons. We haven't had cable for a while so it was nice to watch some episodes again. I'm kinda feeling like maybe I don't need to review this, though. Unless you think I should.

Taquitos,

Dan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home